A limited number of people will be permitted to use the library starting 29.06.2020.
To register, please carefully follow the instructions :
Register the desired days of the visit on the Doodle link below, noting in the message field your email address and a phone number at which they can be reached. Without this information, your reservation will not be validated.
Once your booking is accepted, you will receive an email with the entry time slot and number of your worktable.
Reservations are available only for one set of 5 days at a time to ensure that as many users as possible have the opportunity to use the library.
In total five Doodle links will be created for the five weeks :
A library with an international presence, offering :
- a personalized welcome (Welcome Center)
- a team of specialist librarians who are able to work in a multitude of languages and are ready to provide you with research assistance
- collections of legal works from countries all around the globe
- a research tool offering allowing you to discover our paper resources and online catalogue
- modern technical equipment
- the possibility of reserving a work space and to work outside of opening hours
- pleasant natural surroundings, close to Lake Geneva and the Alps
Accessible to : anyone wishing to carry out research in foreign or international law.
A Library with a national presence, managing all of the law libraries of the Swiss Confederation :
- since 2009, the SICL is the local coordinator for federal institutions (Federal Tribunal, Federal Criminal Tribunal, Federal Administrative Tribunal) within RERO
- since 2010, the management of the Federal Office of Justice’s library collection in Bern has been taken over by SICL
Reception Desk : +41 (0)21 692 49 11
Welcome Center : +41 (0)21 692 49 38
Reference service : +41 (0)21 692 49 23
Interlibrary loan : +41(0)21 692 49 13
Library opening hours : Monday to Friday 8:00 - 19:00 / Saturday 10:00 - 17:00
Reference service : Monday to Friday 09:00 - 12:00 / 14:00 - 17:00