A limited number of people (45) are authorized by the Institute to come to the library each day.
When you arrive, please note your contact details on the form provided*, wear a mask and wash your hands. Only one person may enter at a time. Please keep your distance from other people.
For the benefit of everyone, please cancel your visit if you have known symptoms of Covid. If you are tested positive for coronavirus during or after your stay, please let us know.
You will also be informed if someone has been infected during your stay. Thank you for your help.
* Your data will be held in a file and kept for a maximum of 15 days.
A library with an international presence, offering :
- a personalized welcome (Welcome Center)
- a team of specialist librarians who are able to work in a multitude of languages and are ready to provide you with research assistance
- collections of legal works from countries all around the globe
- a research tool offering allowing you to discover our paper resources and online catalogue
- modern technical equipment
- the possibility of reserving a work space and to work outside of opening hours
- pleasant natural surroundings, close to Lake Geneva and the Alps
Accessible to : anyone wishing to carry out research in foreign or international law.
A Library with a national presence, managing all of the law libraries of the Swiss Confederation :
- since 2009, the SICL is the local coordinator for federal institutions (Federal Tribunal, Federal Criminal Tribunal, Federal Administrative Tribunal) within RERO
- since 2010, the management of the Federal Office of Justice’s library collection in Bern has been taken over by SICL
Reception Desk : +41 (0)21 692 49 11
Welcome Center : +41 (0)21 692 49 38
Reference service : +41 (0)21 692 49 23 / email@example.com
Interlibrary loan : +41(0)21 692 49 13 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Library opening hours : Monday to Friday 8:00 - 19:00 / Saturday 10:00 - 17:00
Reference service : Monday to Friday 09:00 - 12:00 / 14:00 - 17:00