A library with an international vocation, offering:
- collections of legal literature derived from countries all around the globe,
- a team of specialist librarians who are able to work in a multitude of languages and are ready to provide you with research assistance,
- an online catalogue of more than 700'000 bibliographic records in Swiss and forign laws
- brightly premises, arranged so as to facilitate direct access to documentation,
- the most modern technical equipment,
- the possibility of reserving a work space,
- pleasant natural surroundings, close to the Lake Geneva and to the Alps.
Accessible to: anyone wishing to carry out research in foreign or international law.
A library of intern vocation, managing the whole legal libraries of the Confederation.
- Since 2009, the SICL is the local coordinator for the Federal institutions (Federal Court, Federal Penal Court, Federal Administrative Court) among RERO.
- Since 2010, the management of the Federal Office of Justice (FOJ)'s collection is under the supervision of the SICL.